Thursday, May 1, 2008
peanut butter cups.
Sometimes when I make something from scratch, it causes me to yell, "Why not!" over & over again in my head. Yesterday as I was making these homemade peanut butter cups I could not stop saying this. I kept waiting for something to change my mind as I went through the process, but it never happend. This recipe is ridiculously easy & over the top delicious. My husband was on the phone with his mother when he first saw & tasted them & told her, "She looks like some kind of chocolatier!" So yes, why go out & buy overly salty junky Reese's cups when you can get that kind of reaction for such little work.
I delivered these to friends in paper bags I cropped with my scalloped scissors. Couldn't have been easier.
Peanut Butter Cups.
1 bag of really good milk chocolate chips
1 cup really good nothing added peanut butter
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1. melt half of the bag of chocolate in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
2. grease mini muffin tins lighlty with canola oil.
3. spoon chocolate into layer on bottom of tin, then bring up to coat sides.
( i used baby spoons with a silicon tip which worked perfectly!)
4. put in freezer to set, 15-30 minutes.
5. hand mix peanut butter & sugar together.
6. form peanut butter into balls & place into chocolate covered muffin tins.
7. heat remaining chocolate, & cover top of peanut butter allowing the chocolate to run down the sides & spreading to edges of in.
8. freeze for 30 minutes, turn pan upside down to pop them out, & enjoy!