Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Sugar Cookie Recipe.



I title these The Sugar Cookie Recipe because there really is no need for any other. These are honestly the best sugar cookies I have ever had. The recipe comes from my sister-in-law Tara who really is the cookie queen. They are not too sweet, are perfectly moist & perfectly flaky. I also love how easy to handle the dough is. Really, the best.

Sugar Cookies.
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teasponn pure vanilla
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

* cream butter & sugar
* add eggs, milk & vanilla
* sift in dry ingredients, mix
* chill at least 1/2 hour up to 8
* roll out to 1/4 inch, cut & bake at 350 degrees F
for 8-10 minutes
makes 3 dozen!

Simple (Tangerine Tinted) Frosting.
1/2 cup butter
2-3 tablespoons milk
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoons pure vanilla
Splash of tangerine oil

P.S.- I am also in search of alternate frosting recipes. If you know a good one post it on your blog then let me know in the comment section & I'll check it out! I've been curious about starting this sort of "blog-hopping" thing, so let's see how it works out.

1 comment:

Veeda said...

I'm always on the look out for a good sugar cookie recipe. I'm glad you posted this, can't wait to try it out.