Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Homemade Banana Cinnamon Ice Cream.


All I have to say after making homemade ice cream for the first time last night is, "Why have I not done this before?" Probably the main reason I am asking myself this question is because I used the CuisineArt Ice Cream Maker that I bought from a thrift store years ago & that has been sitting in my garage ever since. If you have never had homemade ice cream before I suggest you try it soon. It is oh so much yummier than any other ice cream, you can make up your own flavors, & it only takes 20 minutes of inactive work! Not to mention the fact that you get to watch it form before your eyes. So fun. We decided to make Banana Cinnamon flavor because that is what Brett always wishes they had at the store. We used, you guessed it, banana & cinnamon. So easy & so good! Here is the recipe so you can convince yourself even more that it is one of the best & easiest things to make homemade!

Homemade Banana Cinnamon Ice Cream:
1 cup whole milk, well chilled
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
1 – 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, to taste
1 mooshed banana+1 teaspoon cinnamon

You simply mix ingredients then dump in the machine.
You add you mixins in the final 5 minutes.

No comments: